Gardening doesn’t have to be difficult. Follow these 5 simple tips to make the most of your time outside.
- Water the ground before you start to weed or dig. The water that seeps into the ground will loosen everything up, making it easier on your back to work with the soil.
- Keep a weed bucket near. Don’t interrupt your groove by having to get up and walk over to the compost bucket each time. Keep a few weed buckets near by to save time and effort.
- Smother weeds with cardboard. Does the thought of weed killer make you cringe? Then try this simple trick. Lay down cardboard over the weeds then cover the cardboard with mulch. The cardboard will decompose naturally while killing the weeds naturally.
- Mulch with compost. By using a natural compost you will be watering nutrients into the ground. Making plants and flowers much healthier and stronger.
- Use twine. Twine is one of those things that you need when you least expect it. Twine can be used for making trellises, tying vine to stakes, bundling sticks and training tree limbs to grow a certain way.